Terms and conditions
Digital payment system Facultaire Ontmoetings Ruimte T
By buying the digital payment system in the F.O.R.T., you declare to accept the following terms and conditions:
- A card can be bought for €2,00. Upgrading can be done with a minimum of €5,00.
- After upgrading your card, this credit is valid to pay with in the F.O.R.T. with a maximum of 2 years after your last transaction.
- There is no possibility to sell the card to the F.O.R.T. in any way.
- Your name and day of birth will be collected. They will be saved with a maximum of two years starting from your last transaction. These data will be linked to your card. The history of your orders and credit will therefore be known. The F.O.R.T. will do this, because in that way it is possible to provide you the right to claim your remaining credits. Your day of birth is necessary to prevent alcoholic orders of persons under the age of 18.
- When your personal card is lost or damaged, or you leave the faculty, you have the right to claim the remaining credits on the card. This can be done within a maximum of two years starting from your last transaction.
- When visitors don’t want to buy a personal card, there exists the possibility to borrow a card. This card will be lent to you for the duration of one Thursday drink. The remaining credit after a drink on a temporarily card can however not be claimed.
- When you want to borrow a temporarily card, we ask for another card with your name on it as a deposit. You will receive this card back when the temporarily card is handed in. In case the F.O.R.T. did not receive the temporarily card, you will get a fine of €2,50.
- The balance on your card cannot be negative. One cannot order if there is not enough credit on the card. The F.O.R.T.-committee has the right to make exceptions on this rule.
When not obeying these rules, the F.O.R.T.-committee has the right to impose sanctions. This can lead to deactivation of your card, or to the refusal of entry to the F.O.R.T. However, the credit on the card will be yours as stated in bullet point 2 and the F.O.R.T. will not confiscate your card.
Besides the rules and terms instructed by the Dutch catering laws, the F.O.R.T. has a set of rules of their own. In case there are doubts or uncertainties concerning the rules, the F.O.R.T. committee acts as they seem fit.
- During (Thursday) drinks, nothing will be served before 16:00.
- Persons under the age of 18 are not allowed to consume alcohol during F.O.R.T. drinks.
- The use of mobile phones is not allowed during F.O.R.T. drinks.
- No smoking is allowed inside the F.O.R.T.
- Craft beer glasses require a deposit of a card with the person’s name (e.g. campus card). The card will be given back after the borrowed glass is returned.
- If a craft beer glass is borrowed but not returned, a fine of €2,50 is charged.
- No one is allowed behind the bar without the permission of drafters or the F.O.R.T. committee.
- One is not allowed to consume goods not provided by the F.O.R.T. during drinks.
- Access to the F.O.R.T. is denied for anyone not from the Chemical Engineering faculty (Faculteit ST).